Auction Terms & Conditions
Auction Terms & Conditions TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Online Personal Property Auction Please review this document carefully.
This document creates certain legally binding contractual obligations. In order to register and receive access to the interactive online bidding platform, a Bidder must accept and acknowledge these
Terms and Conditions.
1. Any bid placed shall constitute a legally binding and enforceable offer to purchase the subject personal property. All bids therefore constitute an irrevocable offer to purchase and shall remain valid and enforceable until the Seller declares the property "Sold" and the auction has concluded.
2. THIS IS A PICKUP ONLY AUCTION! IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ANY ITEMS, BUT WOULD NEED THEM SHIPPED, PLEASE CONTACT THE AUCTION COMPANY PRIOR TO BIDDING. SHIPPING IS EXPENSIVE< WE RECOMMEND TO ONLY BUY SMALL ITEMS IF SHIPPING IS REQUIRED.
3. Auctioneer reserves the right to reject any bid placed. Auctioneer agrees to timely advise any bidder of a rejected bid.
4. The Winning Bidder covenants and agrees to purchase the subject personal property at the price of the winning bid, and upon the terms and conditions hereinafter provided.
5. Bring help to load your items. If you have purchased items that you cannot carry buy yourself, there is no guarantee that we will have available people to load it for you. With that being said, we are always willing and able to help load reasonable sized items.
6. PLEASE READ BEFORE PROCEEDING TO BID*******A $10.00 HANDLING FEE+ $1.00 PER ITEM WILL BE CHARGED ON ANY ITEMS NOT PICKED UP ON PICKUP DAY. ALL ITEMS NOT PICKED UP WITHIN 10 DAYS WILL BE RESOLD.
7. Within 24 hours of the close of the auction event, the Winning Bidder for the property shall receive an e-mail from Franklin County Online Auction which will detail a date, a time, and a location for the retrieval of the subject personal property, subject to further specific arrangements of the parties, including options for shipping and electronic payments.
8. At said appointed date, time, and location, the Winning Bidder shall pay the full purchase price for the property by means of cash, certified check, or credit card (CC fees apply).
9. Failure to appear at the appointed date, time, and location by the Winning Bidder, shall be considered an act of default by the Winning Bidder, and the Seller shall be entitled to pursue any and all legal and equitable remedies against the Winning Bidder which are available to Seller pursuant to the laws of the jurisdiction of the State of Illinois. In the event that Seller and/or Auctioneer file suit against Winning Bidder, Seller and/or Auctioneer shall be entitled to recover all reasonable attorneys' fees, costs and expenses incurred.
10. By registering and bidding, the Buyer acknowledges that they have submitted themselves to the personal jurisdiction of the State of Illinois. Buyer acknowledges that any and all disputes shall be governed by Illinois Law, conflicts of laws provisions notwithstanding, and that any and all litigation associated with any purchase and sale hereunder shall be filed in the 2nd Judicial Circuit, Franklin County, Benton, Illinois.
11. Time shall be of the essence as to all of Buyer's obligations.
12. Auctioneer reserves the right to resell any personal property not paid in full within seven (7) days of the auctions' closing date.
13. The Seller, Broker, Auctioneer and their representatives, attorneys, agents, and sub-agents, assume no liability for errors or omissions in this or any other property listing or advertising or promotional/publicity statements and material. The Seller, Broker, Auctioneer and their representatives, attorneys, agents and sub-agents, make no guarantee as to the accuracy of the information herein contained or in any other property listing or advertising or promotional/publicity statements and material.
14. The Property is sold in its "AS IS" condition with all faults and limitations and no warranties expressed or implied, and Seller and Auctioneer specifically disclaim any and all implied warranties, including the warranty of fitness for a particular purpose. All Bidders are encouraged to inspect the Property prior to placing any bid and the Winning Bidder, as Buyer, acknowledges that he/she/it has had a reasonable opportunity to inspect and examine the condition of the Property and make inquiries of knowledge persons. All information was derived from sources believed to be correct, but is not guaranteed. Bidders shall rely entirely on their own information, judgment, and inspection of the Property and records.
15. By registering and bidding, the Buyer acknowledges they understand, accept and agree to these Terms and Conditions. The Buyer acknowledges that they have had ample opportunity to read the Sample Real Estate Purchase Agreement and Addendum and the Terms and Conditions of the Auction Sale posted on the website and accept the Real Estate Purchase Agreement without any changes to the pre-printed text. 13. Seller and Auctioneer cannot, and will not, be held responsible for any interruption in service, errors, and/or omissions, caused by any means, therefore they cannot guarantee continual, uninterrupted or error free service as the website could be interfered with by means out of their control. Bidder acknowledges that the online auction is conducted electronically and relies on hardware and software that may malfunction without warning. 14. The Registered Bidder acknowledges receipt and copy of these Terms and Conditions, and having read and understood the provisions set forth therein, accepts same and agrees to be bound thereby.
On the day and time of auction close, each lot is staggered to close 45 seconds apart. However, this is a soft-close auction; time will extend on any item that has bidding occurring within 3 minutes of the close. *** Please check your email after the close of the auction! *** By bidding on an item you are entering into a binding legal contract. Bidding on any item indicates the bidder's acceptance of Franklin County Online Auction terms and policies. By placing a bid, you are making a binding and irrevocable offer to purchase the Item at any price up to the maximum bid amount you submit. If you win, you must complete the transaction, subject to any contractual right or other right at law to rescind the contract in certain circumstances. Failure to complete transaction without lawful reason is not only a breach of your contract with the Seller but also a breach of this User Agreement. Bidders are encouraged to read and understand all of the terms and conditions associated with an auction before bidding. The highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer is the buyer. The auctioneer is the sole determinate as to who is the successful bidder. Franklin County Online Auction reserves the right to withdraw any property before the auction and shall have no liability whatsoever for the withdrawal of the property. Bid amounts are incremental.
Please also reference the following:
Sellers User Terms
Bidder User Terms
Seller User Terms
Bidder User Terms