Auction Terms & Conditions 1. I understand that I am liable for all purchases made on my registered number and further agree to make settlement in full for said purchases on auction day or within the next business day, including applicable sales tax, buyer premium, and title handling fees, on auction day or a handling fee will be added to my invoice and due. Acceptable payment includes Cash or wire transfer. Business and personal checks are accepted when they are accompanied with a Bank Letter of Guarantee. All bidders unknown to Martin Auction should provide a Bank Letter of Guarantee.
2. All auction articles are sold "As Is - Where Is". Warranties or guarantees are strictly between buyer and seller - not Martin Auction. I understand that I have the opportunity to inspect all items PRIOR to the auction and representations and pictures are made for the bidders novelty; all items should be inspected prior to bidding. Toys represented as NIB or new in box- may have open boxes and may have been out of the box before. Martin Auction makes no determination for toys New in the box with respect to if they have ever been opened or out of the box.
3. I understand and agree to pay the buyers premium charged; this is 15% online for items purchased. Credit Card payments will have an additional 4% convenience fee.
4. I agree that I have inspected all items that I purchase prior to the auction of an item and agree to pay for any item I win. I also understand that I am buying AS-IS; a used item with faults and that the item may or may not run or operate and that there are NO REFUNDS on the items that I purchase. Items located off-site will be listed in the description box & will be picked up from that listed location. Any item with a title is subject to IST 6.25% (IL State Sales Tax) or VUT (Vehicle Use Tax) amount based on model year. There is a $50.00 title handling fee applied per title.
5. I understand and agree that all TITLE & REGISTRATION FEES ARE NOT REFUNDABLE after the sale of an item. Bidders must request a refund by directly contacting the Illinois Secretary of State for reimbursement- if any. Any warranty issues that may develop would be arbitrated with the item returned to Martin Auction; any hauling fees will be paid by the buyer.
6. All purchases are to be paid for in full on day of auction and prior to removal from the auction site. Cash accepted. Handling charges may apply on credit card and personal checks. Wire transfer accepted next business day and items remain on lot until after payment is confirmed.
7. Martin Auction assumes no responsibility for accidents, stolen or damaged property. Items left at the auction site are at the owner's risk and the I understand that I should insure any of my items to the degree of protection I want.
8. The Auctioneer in charge will settle any disputes as to bids and that decision will be final. The Auctioneer also reserves the right to accept or reject bids at his discretion.
9. I understand that Martin Auction (or any of its divisions) shall have the right to collect attorney fees, interest and/or collection costs and disbursements in the event that I shall default on any transaction(s) at this auction on this date in accordance with the "Terms and Conditions" set forth. Further, I agree to pay same.
10. All announcements made on auction day will take precedence over all printed materials. Any item may be removed from auction without notice.
11. I understand any personal or business information disclosed can be used for (email, phone, text, etc.) communication and marketing purposes- We will NOT sell your personal information.
12. I understand and agree that any items remaining at the auction site beyond September 30th, 2020 may be resold or disposed of by Martin Auction. I agree that those items are forfeited with no reimbursement to me or those I represent. If an item remains beyond 10 days and it is not sold, I agree to pay $10.00 per day- per item and that amount may be deducted from the auction proceeds when the item/ items are sold and agree that typical commission may be deducted.
13. I agree that any litigation due to an issue arising from the auction must be filed and tried in DeWitt County, Illinois.
14. I understand that if I inflict or cause any damage to any real or personal property or to any person, that I am responsible for the costs associated with that damage.
Seller User Terms
Bidder User Terms